Gwen passed the international Convention Industry Council’s exam in July 2009 to become Certified Meeting Professional® (CMP), joining 22 other qualified professionals in Southern Africa.This organisation, based in Washington DC, offers the foremost international certification of the meetings, conventions and exhibitions industry and recognises individuals who have achieved the industry\’s highest standard of professionalism. She has been recertified until 1 January 2020. Her consultancy has had many years of experience in the organisation of events from inception to post-function wrap-up. This includes conferences, seminars, workshops, media and product launches and company functions. The consultancy has also managed and advised on exhibitions and trade shows.
Reporting & speaker management services
The consultancy offers reporting services for government and commercial conferences and workshops. It also has access to teams of reporters for parallel sessions and can edit and produce proceedings. In addition, it offers speaker management services to ensure smooth presentations.
- Gwen lectured extensively at tertiary level from 1992-2007.
- Consumer Behaviour, Marketing Information Systems, Creative Strategy and Advertising Agency Management – Diploma students, Institute of Marketing Management 1992.
- Journalism – Diploma students, Damelin 2002.
- Advanced Office Management; Business Entrepreneurship; Conference & Meetings Planning; Event Management & Special Event Management; Exhibition Management; Risk Management; Sales & Communication; Tourism Marketing; and Computer Skills – Diploma & Certificate student, Damelin 1999-2005.
- National subject head of Conference & Event Management – Damelin 2004-2005.
- Event Planning and Project Management – Certificate students, Tshwane University of Technology 2006-2007 (She designed a portion of this course).
As Skywalkers Reimagining Training , the training division of Entrepreneurs for Africa, Gwen has addressed South African and international conferences and workshops, running various 1, 2 and 3-day courses in South Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Mauritius.
As part of the knowledge gained in 35 years, as a communications consultant & PR professional, she offers training to companies that choose to empower their employees by acquiring front office skills, business writing, event management, marketing & sales skills, SMME management and PR for Small Businesses.
She has held workshops on Running Diplomatic Events; Events Management for NGOs, Corporate Events Management; Risk Management in events; Business Writing; Professional Secretarial Practice, Negotiation & Conflict Management; Using Body Language; Project Management for Events; and Principles of Budgeting.